From the Vault of Dust

Dust the unclear beginning where any right mind will insist on its being rearranged. Dust, the hugging, gripping fog of destiny. Dust the unrepeatable repetition, the unmatched miracle, the element in which it is possible to feel homeless. Dust the "community of those who have nothing in common," dust the first and only community, communities themselves as constructions of dust giving life to more dust. Falling in love with the dust of the world as growing at home in the homelessness, finding a wayward way into every crack, spreading and affirming all the dust and the splippage of all the dust. To face one another and to see one another in this dusty world will always require getting more than a little dust in our eyes and throwing dust in one another's faces.

10 Comments

1. Goff James says:

An enjoyable read and view. As a FREE gift I hope you enjoy my collection of recently published poems – Just Three Lines Vol 1 Part. 1.. Enjoy-
    Here is the link

Liked by 2 people

1. Richard Q says:

Thank you! Thank you! I always enjoy coming to your delicate phrases.

Liked by 1 person

1. Goff James says:

Thank you My Friend. Trusting you enjoy reading the anthology. Please let me know your thoughts on the collection. Stay Smiling. Stay Happy.

Liked by 1 person

2. Richard Q says:

I certainly will. I feel some more smiling coming on already.

Liked by 1 person

2. My interpretation is that it is about possibilities, personalized, making a wake-up call. It’s a beautiful poem.

Liked by 1 person

1. Richard Q says:

My apologies, Sylvia, for responding so late to your wonderful take on the poem. You have actually opened a window on this poem and let a halcyon breeze pass over it. Thank you. I look forward to your work.

Liked by 1 person

1. Dear Richard. You are the dearest

Liked by 1 person

2. Richard Q says:

Your words lifted me today. You are a treasured soul of the earth.

3. A thought provoking piece. I enjoyed it very much.

Liked by 1 person

1. Richard Q says:

Thank you, Penny. Now you are a part of the piece, a part of what the piece tries to collect together to affirm and love.

I hope your days are shining.

Liked by 1 person